Thursday, February 18, 2010

Reactions/ Awkwardness

So, I may have gotten a couple of my best reactions yet as of late. On Friday, my parents saw me (in person) for the first time since I shaved my head. My dad said I was a G.I. Joe with Real Action Hair. My mom screamed, but that was expected. Later in the evening she slapped me on the back of the head. By then she seemed to have come to terms with it. I also saw a handful of old friends, one of whom, the more she drank, the braver she seemed to think my decision was. From the rest, I got a lot of the compliment I've gotten a lot lately: it suits me. Now, for the best: my mom and I have a friend who recently took off to live in Texas and has been out of the loop as of late. She was on the phone with him and told him what I did and insisted he look at the web site. She told me he got on his computer immediately and spent the next 5 minutes shrieking and laughing so hard that she couldn't understand anything he said. At long last, he was able to choke out: "I SPIT ALL OVER MY SCREEN!" And then laughed some more. So, this next picture is for (and of) you, Troy:

I blurred out the (relatively) innocent in the picture to protect their identity.

Now for the awkwardness: somehow my hair has already grown enough to be at a really awkward stage. It is sticking out EVERYWHERE. I actually have to brush it now. I didn't expect this so early. I'm kicking myself for not taking a picture of my wake-up this morning: I had devil horns. It's strange, strange stuff.

But I still love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment