Monday, February 8, 2010

Finally!

Hello again, friends! Sorry for the unexpected radio silence. All is well: just busy. :)

Well, as most of you already know, I bit the bullet. I went ahead and shaved my head. Basically, it came down to a matter of anticipation. It was killing me. I was staying up at night thinking about it. It’s in my nature to get obsessive and I definitely did on this issue. Beyond that, I was just running out of things to say. I thought a month would be a good period of reflection and preparation, but it turns out that’s a REALLY long time. I would have started repeating myself and blah, blah, blah. So: I cut it off. Richard was away on business and I was bored, so I grabbed some scissors and snipped away. When he got back home, he did the actual shaving for me. No way was I doing that on my own.

As promised, I do have videos! I don’t have anything of the actual haircutting. Just the shaving. There are two videos: the first is the initial shaving. The second is when we decided we needed to go shorter. And, seriously : don’t feel like you need to watch the entire things. Unless you want to watch me make idle chit-chat for about ten minutes, you get the hair cutting idea pretty much in the first few seconds.



Okay, so the screen shots alone crack me up. I always knew I had a lot of facial expressions (seriously: I'm 26 with deep-set wrinkles), but watching this killed me. YouTube does a thing when uploading a video where it shows a row of stills of whatever it's uploading at the time. I captured the following screen shot from one of these rows because it made me laugh:



Oh. And I feel I should address the eyelashes issue. I like wearing gaudy fake eyelashes on occasion. It's a fabulosity thing. Once my head was shaved all the way, Richard looked at me and said, "The eyelashes might be too much now". And he was definitely right. I looked like a de-wigged drag queen. Which is fine. Except I'm not.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, so here's my problem. My computer doesn't let me watch videos. So I don't even have a picture of the end result- except for that not-so-good picture that you posted on facebook using your phone. So, what I'm saying is this: please put some pictures up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much looking forward to seeing the baldness in person. But until that time I am also a fan of some quality pics, especially of you in your fun wigs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are handling it so nicely!! I expected more emotion, but I guess that's not necessary. It's just hair and you look great with very little of it!

    ReplyDelete